September 28, 2021
In this one-hour webinar, a panel of industry experts share their perspectives on key trends shaping the future of defined contribution (DC) plan arrangements.
Industry insights, such as BlackRock’s annual Retirement Pulse Survey, examine what plan participants are saying they want from their retirement plans and employers, as well as how plan sponsors and financial advisors are responding. The COVID-19 pandemic and its economic shock only served to focus a stronger spotlight on the systemic weaknesses of the current retirement system and what needs to be done to address demographic inequality, improve outcomes, and secure the financial future of millions of American workers.
Our panel of experts discussed what such surveys are telling us, and, more importantly, offer their observations about the new forces shaping the future of DC plans, including the importance of financial wellness and resiliency, the demand for access and savings options, tailoring plan design to meet participant preferences, and securing a reliable income in retirement.
- Angela Antonelli, Research Professor and Executive Director, Center for Retirement Initiatives, Georgetown University’s McCourt School of Public Policy
- Kathleen Kelly, Founder and Managing Partner, Compass Financial Partners, A Marsh & McLennan Agency LLC Company
- Michael Kreps, Partner, Groom Law Group
- Matt Soifer, Managing Director, Retirement, BlackRock
- Tina Wilson, Senior Vice President and Chief Product Officer, Empower Retirement